Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by krummarine
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by krummarine

Be sure to clutch 20 rounds or so against your heart when you're buried; it'll be that many less dinosaurs for us to deal with.

The delusions of youth grin...slobbering over a 99 year old design pulled out of mothballs by some marketing genius,and calling it "new" or "better".FYI I likely had one of the first Ruger Africans in 375Ruger available in the new England area,the news was barely out before I had mine....nice rifle and cartridge but held zero advantage over a 375H&H,since I had been building lightweight H&H's for about 30 years at that point(only dummies build 375H&H's weighing more than 9#'s,about the weight of that African,scoped.My 375 weighs 8 pounds on the nose).It lasted about a year until I figured out it was not really worth it.

Suddenly, the kids know more than the thousands(millions) who have turned a H&H on BG animals instead of talking about it... tired

After you've been at this game long enough smirk one of the "truths" you will "discover" (if you can get past the brain-fogging affects of testosterone)is that there are finite limits to what you can feed a manually operated bolt gun;and the overwhelming majority of stuff proclaimed "new" was already done 50-100 years ago by your predecessors.

Older,more experienced people know this and don't fall for every pitch leveled at us by some con man with a "new" cartridge.So when you grow up and get over taking gratuitous backslaps at older folks(and cartridges)you will realize one thing....we are smarter than you,know,and have done,more stuff.

Very well said, Sir. I don't agree with everything you wrote, but I have to say, that is one of the best posts I've ever read on this board.

Bob is known to wax eloquent from time to time.

DF

True: He's one of my favorite writers, but don't let him know.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA