George below is a PM I received from a member here who does not post,and edited to protect his identity,and delete general conversation....The load he was using in the 375H&H involved RL15 and the 250 gr TTSX.His rifle was a lightweight Sako.I thought you'd find it interesting. wink

..in any event if there is anything deficient,antiquated, or outdated about the on game performance of the 375H&H in this instance,that can be materially exceeded by the 375 Ruger, I would like to know what that is....I would expect result from the Ruger to be the same.

And BTW I did say the H&H data in the Barnes manual, seemed fine to me. smile

"......I'm getting amazing accuracty and tragectory with these loads. I've shot one elk with this combo. It was a long, long shot at about a 30-40 degree down angle, which helped. I think the shot was 500+ yards, because my laser range finder couldn't read it, and it was easily double the 200 yards I normally shoot at the range. Foruntately, I had a bolder in front of me to rest on, so I held at the top of her back and squeezed the trigger on my Sako 75. The sound 'Whack', like the sound of a baseball being hit in the majors was almost as impressive as the rifle's report, and it was over.

The shot wasn't perfect. I hit her a little high and through the shoulder. The entrance was 1/2" as you'd expect, but the exit was massive (fist size). Both shoulders were smashed and bone fragments went out the exit wound. The off side leg/shoulder was so bad that I didn't even bother packing it out - all blood shot. She went right down and that was it - not even a step.

Do you think the data in the Barnes book for Reloader 15 is accurate? They list 77gr max for the 270gr bullet and 80.5gr max for the 235gr bullet. I'm thinking they swapped the .375 Ruger data with the .375 H&H data by accident because the Ruger cartridge under performs and has lower charges than the H&H in their manual.

Thanks again for your time and advice....."

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.