Originally Posted by krummarine
"I don't see the Ruger case(good as it may be)overtaking the Holland any time soon.....some folks will believe anything."

and some folks will hug outdated technology because of nostalgia not function or performance. No dangerous game in North America, you say? Really? Ask Phil Shoemaker about that.

the British heyday of DG cartridges and African colonialism is over; let it go.

The 375R is here to stay and will continue to gain acceptance and popularity...

Please! Pitch this garbage somewhere else! cry

You can call names and make fun of those older than you but if you think you're fooling anybody with this crap, forget it.... grin

...a company regurgitates a design 99 years old,(30 newton) necks it 375,and suddenly everything else, time proven and battle worn,is rendered to the bone yard by the 21st Century crowd who thinks its "new" and therefor, better. grin I swear on here if it wasn't invented in the last 24 hours,the youngsters on here think its' obsolete!

The 300 WSM comes to mind as well....that design is only about 50-60 years old.If you think the 375 Ruger is "new" your cartridge history knowledge needs some bonin' up....hell its' only a few thou larger than the old 35 Newton! Same/same! smile

I suppose under your logic we ought to scrap the 470 NE,416 Rigby,the 404 Jeffrey, and the 450-400 as well? grin

Yeah I know brown bear are dangerous wink....I also know few will see them, and relatively fewer will ever hunt them.

The Brits have forgotten more about what makes a DG cartridge/rifle tick than most Americans will ever know,you among them....

Brown bear are only dangerous if you let them get close....I know the 375H&H made short work of two of them for me,so they didn't get close enough....

krummarine how far did yours go after getting whacked with the Ruger? confused

Superior to the 375H&H?..... What a riot. You really have to stop making stuff up... smirk

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.