Originally Posted by toad
yea, QL shows a 270 gr TSX over 77 gr RE 15 to yield 2950 fps @ 82K+ psi from a 24" H&H.

Alliant lists 71 grains and Speer 260 gr but doesn't list pressures on their web site

I'm not too concrened about the load data....I shoot 77 gr with the 250 for over 2900 fps.My Krieger will not take those Barnes charges and no sense trying.But that doesn't mean nothing will.... smile

Last year,a pal worked up to 77 gr RL15 with the 270TSX in a 25" pre 64 M70 barrel for a bit under 2800 fps.I sat at the chronograph and watched the process with him. The rifle went to BC last year for grizzly,elk and mule deer(Got a grizz and mule deer with it).....I am not surprised since pre 64 M70 375 barrels are notorious for being "over sized" through the grooves and taking heavier charges. We have miked a few.

Other barrels will take lower charges....another reason I can't look at things like Quick Load and believe it.It simply is not universally applicable across the board.

The point that might be gleaned in all this discussion above,is that the new "magic" cases appearing now and then,resurected from the past, with a rush of publicity gets everybody all goosy and reaching for the check books,but the "real" magic is in the propellants and the bullets we have today.Not to say any of this is bad,just not as revolutionary as some think.

Last edited by BobinNH; 12/17/12.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.