Originally Posted by krummarine
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by krummarine

Be sure to clutch 20 rounds or so against your heart when you're buried; it'll be that many less dinosaurs for us to deal with.

The delusions of youth grin...slobbering over a 99 year old design pulled out of mothballs by some marketing genius,and calling it "new" or "better".FYI I likely had one of the first Ruger Africans in 375Ruger available in the new England area,the news was barely out before I had mine....nice rifle and cartridge but held zero advantage over a 375H&H,since I had been building lightweight H&H's for about 30 years at that point(only dummies build 375H&H's weighing more than 9#'s,about the weight of that African,scoped.My 375 weighs 8 pounds on the nose).It lasted about a year until I figured out it was not really worth it.

Suddenly, the kids know more than the thousands(millions) who have turned a H&H on BG animals instead of talking about it... tired

After you've been at this game long enough smirk one of the "truths" you will "discover" (if you can get past the brain-fogging affects of testosterone)is that there are finite limits to what you can feed a manually operated bolt gun;and the overwhelming majority of stuff proclaimed "new" was already done 50-100 years ago by your predecessors.

Older,more experienced people know this and don't fall for every pitch leveled at us by some con man with a "new" cartridge.So when you grow up and get over taking gratuitous backslaps at older folks(and cartridges)you will realize one thing....we are smarter than you,know,and have done,more stuff.

Very well said, Sir. I don't agree with everything you wrote, but I have to say, that is one of the best posts I've ever read on this board.

Bob is known to wax eloquent from time to time.

DF