Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The BeeGees?

That hurts...

I take a contrary view from most I guess, mostly because it amuses me to multitask with rifles. What is required has zip to do with what I accept from a given firearm, nor does its performance necessarily govern how I use it.

With only a very few exceptions I don't own a rifle incapable of MOA or better over the course of 5 shots fired at a range of 50 to 100 yards. Coming up soon in the neighborhood is a 600 yard line and that will be an education in its own right I suppose.

Why 50? It is unlikely my .22 short shooter will ever be tested at 100 yards in the field, I see no reason to waste ammo. It will shoot successive 5 shot groups at 50 yards off a bag rest that are 1/2" center to center...if I have a conventional scope mounted. With a 3MOA red dot sight it will shoot 1/2" or less out to 25 yards which is further than I shoot in the field 99% of the time. So, what do I need? Minute of pig brain. I shoot from a rest in the field. Our "field" down this way is full of trees and they make wonderful rests.

A Model 94 Trapper with a William receiver sight and hand loads will do far better than I need at 100 yards, about 3" wads. Longest shot I've taken on game was about 75 yards, shortest nearly put powder burns on the hide.

The BeeGees? Dayum, that makes my skin crawl.

To think an entire generation was waiting for Barbarian Dan to step in and kill them. You really let them down, BD.

Travis

Sorry for being AWOL and being tardy in response to this foul tip. An entire generation? That was near 45 years ago, you want me to cap another one? That's harsh.

My other gun is a LCP. I got it when I started hearing rumors about missing wallets. I hardly ever miss inside 3'. It's also good for fixing nail fungus.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain