Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Cold bore shot should be called cold brain shot.....

Cold bore shot = urban myth. If I have a rifle that "throws" the first shot, the barrel gets taken off and thrown in the garbage.

[Linked Image]

This challenge turned out exactly as I thought it would when I did it last summer with a bunch of other shooters over a five day period on another site.

Amen and to add to it, a good barrel/bedding regardless of contour will not spray them after a couple of rounds. Those get thrown away too.

I can agree with that. Of course someone that leaves oil in the bore can have that issue. A patch of mineral spirits followed by a dry patch takes care of that.

Back in the day, the mid 90's, we had to shoot monthly. Just a few rounds. We took a single target once a month and fired that CBS on it with a bi-pod then dated it a filed it away. That was suppose to be used in case it became issue in court. The shot, with all others was also recorded in the range book along with detailed weather and wind references. The book, of course, is also public record and useable in court.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.