John;
Good morning to you sir, I trust this chilly Friday morning finds you acceptably well - and warm enough.

Thanks for your last post as when I read it in context with the previous posts from JB, Denton and BobinNH it gelled a few concepts for me personally.

Way back in the dark ages when I was absorbed with group shooting an article by I believe Mike Venturino suggested more or less that only the first two shots from a cold, clean hunting rifle barrel were meaningful.

I recall being more than a tad nonplussed by that revelation as it both made sense and turned my then current theories on their collective ears..... frown

Anyway John, of all the rifles we've had pass through our hands over the decades in between then and now, the ones that will plant the first two shots from a cold barrel where we want them are the ones that get taken out hunting anymore.

I'll note that at this point in our hunting we don't generally shoot that far compared to many folks here, but if we do begin down that path a rifle that will hit where I need it to with the first round will be the one that goes up the mountain behind the house come fall.

Thanks again for your post John and the rest of our 'Fire cyber friends as well. All the best to you all this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"