The 375Ruger (or H&H) is an EXCELLENT choice for the big cats. That 375 caliber accounts for more lions than probably all the rest combined. Your choice of the Guide Gun or to my mind even better, the Alaskan Model is an excellent one. Short, fast handling barrel, stainless, controlled round feeding and a 3 position safety pretty much defines a close quarters big game rifle. I have the 375 and 416 Alaskans and while the 416 was my first choice for buff and ele, my 375 would be the "go to" if I lived next to some sort of big cat sanctuary. You also need to give serious consideration to your sight selection with great consideration given to close range and low light conditions. I would look very hard at scopes that will give a true 1x for close range both eyes open shooting and that have an illuminated center dot for FAST low light shooting. After taking my first cape buff in low light with standard crosshairs I quickly switched to a Trijicon 1-4 with the post and green triangle. It has both fiber optic coils and tritium in the center. That coupled with crystal clear glass makes for an outstanding dangerous game sight for all circumstances. Good luck and hopefully you will never need it!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation"
"Dangerous Game Hunting........because golf, football and baseball only require one ball"