Originally Posted by FOsteology
"in case" then. Semantics aside, honest question on my part. Care to elaborate?

I'd really rather just ask the question. But when I did I knew it left a lot of room for speculation like: first post by a paranoid whacko. Or a 12 year year old.

I was really hoping to get comparative insite from people who have seen firsthand the effect of the bigger/slower vs mid bore/faster on lion.

About 5 miles from my little 30 rural acres are about 20 adult tigers, one african lion, quite a few cougars, leopards & wolfs. All behind chain link put up by amateur labor. In a canyon susceptible to flash flooding every 10 years or so. At feeding time you can watch the tigers jump high enough that their heads are above the fence.
My two young daughters play outside all day and I work outside on the property most days. I always have a firearm(s) close by just on principle, and because we're in prime cougar country, every once in a while one will kill dogs in the area or lay tracks down my drive. Plus our coyote population is out of control and city folks sometimes drive to the country and let their dogs run wild.

These guys claim 266 escapes in the U.S. since 1990:
http://bigcatrescue.org/big-cat-attacks/

Given that, and the fact that I'm going to buy another rifle anyway, it just makes sense to me to make it a suitable big cat caliber instead of a .220 Swift : )
But no I'm not expecting to be invaded by either the zombies nor the escaped captive tigers. I never expected to be inside a burning building, till one morning I was : )

J