Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Dumb question, but how skittish are they when shooting offhand and other field positions?? I'm used to "heavy" rifles..

I'll let you know when I assure myself that it will shoot from a good rest. This is just the first day I spent with it. The main thing is that I don't think there is anything wrong that can't easily be corrected. I don't see how a bad barrel or chamber would have produced any groups like the two good ones.

I agree with you and appreciate you taking the time to post real honest results. I also agree with Karnis in that it sounds like your rifle needs to be properly glass bedded. A properly glass bedded rifle will not have such a strong reaction to varying action screw torque. I can also see your POI go haywire if you remove your barreled action from the stock and put it back together. For these reasons, I generally do like Karnis does and glass bed them before all else, next step is tune the trigger, then make sure the mag box isn't binding, yad yada yada like someone else already stated. It's the little things that add up to a lot when you look at the big picture...I will say this, I see some major potential in your rifle. I think you got a good one.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA