Paulh
I really don't know. A lot of guys here really like them. You can also read a lot of reports about bad accuracy. From what I can tell, some of that can be attributed to some bad barrels a few years ago and some small issues like a mag box binding or improper bedding or crown. I posted all my groups because I wanted anyone to see the whole truth. You do have to take into consideration that being so light they are a bit harder to shoot until you get the hang of it, and I'm only using factory ammo.

Some people just dismiss them saying such an expensive rifle should be perfect from the start. I say you can find issues with any gun at any price point. The Montana is IMHO a very nice light weight package. I don't know of anything it's equal in all stainless at that weight. If a tiny bit of tweeking is necessary, then I accept that as part of the experience.

My main concern was the possibility of getting a bad barrel or sloppy chamber. So far I think it has shot well enough on some groups that that isn't the case. Worse case scenario, I will need to bed it. Best case, better ammo and learn to shoot a little better. All in all I'm happy with my rifle and will start saving for one in 223.