Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I never understood people justifying poor performance from a rifle by stating it isn't a bench gun, it is a hunting rifle.

A Kimber isn't cheap. If you want a gun that only shoots ok, then get a Remington 710 and save your money.

Or you could just buy a Savage. I don't think the Montana I own is a poor performer. Yes, I shot a couple crappy groups with it, big deal, I've shot some crappy groups with even more expensive rifles. It might possibly need bedding, big deal. If the 710 or Savage offered the same features I would own one, but alas they don't. They don't even come close. Are they good hunting guns, yes, and if you like them then that's great. You got a good rifle for a good price. Personally, I own several very nice rifles. I owned a Savage but I gave it away. It didn't give me the warm fuzzies. Still I am very pleased with my Montana and will be buying another when I can.

Why do you guys keep bringing up Savage? I thought the thread was called the good and bad, not "the good the bad and the ugly"..Just sayin whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA