BW,

I've gotten lazy the past few months and have been using a rest or sandbags more than I should from prone. Its been awhile, but last week I was shooting off my pack... in the huckberries, and through the brush at 480y. A regular bipod and squeeze bag wouldn't work here, unless I had a weedwacker grin

Its times like this, when I'm contorted on top of my Kifaru pack, with the spotting-scope/tripod in the pack jabbing me in the belly, binos poking me in the ribs, and rifle in a not-so-perfect position that a light recoiling rifle is a blessing. There were times I'd literally have to skip a week of shooting with my Magnums while shooting like this to allow the bruises to heal!

I just get a kick outta shooting like this though. A couple weeks ago I took my buds to a landing where I shoot 500y & 800y. They just worked up their rifle loads and were having decent luck on the 500y gong. After they were done I put the Kimber on their sandbags and hit the 8" 500y gong 3-for-3. They thought that was pretty cool, but off of sandbags its like cheating grin

Jason