Yes I do! grin It was a fabulous morning in the woods. Temp was 48 at 7am. Went to the first of 3 woods, I hit this am. Got in and set down under an oak tree, and waited for the woods to come alive. About 15 min. later, look what showed up.

[Linked Image]

Five half grown coons.

Hunted this woods for 2 hrs., and only saw one squirrel, at a distance. Walked around, and didn't see any cuttings, and the trees didn't seem to have many nuts on them. Left at 9am, and headed north to a little patch, that is loaded with hickories. No more than stepped in the woods, and found cuttings, and a fox squirrel barked at me. Snuck up behind a tree, put the sights on him, squeezed the trigger, and mmmmmissed! frown Seems like the first squirrel, every season, goes that way[at least for the last 3 yrs.] grin

Move on and heard another one cutting. Got up behind a tree, and this time I DIDN'T miss! grin

[Linked Image]

The season is officially started! Hunted for another hr., and things slowed up. I was heading back to the truck, and caught one on the ground. He jumped up on the side of a tree, and I free handed him, and got a head shot.

[Linked Image]

Went to the truck, took this pic, and cleaned the squirrels. Ah, kinda like missing the first squirrel, well cleaning the first on, I broke the tail off....which makes for a tad bit more effort in the cleaning process......sometimes it sux to be me....

Got them cleaned and decided to hit one more patch, before calling it a day. Walked in, and stood behind an oak for 15-20 mins. Directly, i heard a fox squirrel barking, and he was giving me quite a cussing. Got up behind another oak, and took a 60 yd. shot. DRT!

[Linked Image]

This ole boy is definately limb chicken chowder material.

[Linked Image]

See what I mean? grin

Well, mama's going out with the girls tonight, so in honor of opening day, I'm frying me a squirrel, making some gravy, and following up with a ripe ole mater.

maddog