Well, I hit the woods about noon. It was partly sunny, and a little breezy. Hunted the first woods for an hr., and didn't see nada. Moved on to another place. Heard one giving me hell, almost as soon as I stepped out of the truck. Never could find him. Moved on, and saw one working through the briars. Lil bastid saw me before I could get on him, and hauled butt. Looked around and saw another one on the ground. He moved up low in a tree, and was looking right at me. Wrong move.....grin

[Linked Image]

Headed toward the truck, and caught another one out, up a big oak. Shot at him twice, and missed. I moved in closer, and he moved up the tree. Looked for him for almost 15 mins. Finally saw him way up the tree, with his head sticking out of a small nest. Took a shot, and heard it hit. then he got to running around the tree, and I went ballistic with the remaining shots in the magazine, head shooting him on the final shot. He was a big ole male, with the longest fur I'd seen on one, for a long time.

[Linked Image]

Both of them were big ole males. Look at their length next to the 10/22. May try to hit it a lick, before next weekend.

maddog

Last edited by maddog; 12/07/14.