Went this morning, because it may be the last decent day until Sun. Got in the woods, about 7:30 am. We had a helluva thunderstorm, last night, and the trees were dripping pretty heavy. Spotted one up a tall oak, fired and missed.... Watched him move thru the trees, and eased on up to another oak. Spotted him up in a crotch. Cranked up the scope and put the crosshairs on him, POP. He falls straight to the ground. It's over a slight knoll. I walk over to where he thumped the ground, and no squirrel! Evidently I barked him, and when he hit the ground, he hauled azz. Never did find him frown.

Moved on east, and saw one shaking branches up a pig nut hickory. I tried to get a shot for over 1/2 hr., moving 3 times. Finally spotted him, and shot. This time it was straight down, and he didn't go anywhere. grin Picked him up and put him on the stringer, and moved maybe 50 ft. About that time two fox squirrels started giving me a cussing. I saw one go up a tree and in a hole. Meantime I hear two more up on tree giving me hell. I line up on the 1st one, and head popped him, straight down. The other one moved out on a bare limb, tail flapping as he went. One more shot, and straight down, right next to the other one. kinda felt like I redeemed myself, from the first one. grin

[Linked Image]

Went on hunting, but didn't see another squirrel, so about 11 am, I headed to the truck to clean them. It was geeting pretty warm/humid. All three were males, and two had some age on em. Musta interupted a batchelor party. grin

[Linked Image]

maddog