Got two late yesterday afternoon over at the inlaws property. Could have got more if I had carried the Kimber 22. Last weekend I went on the land behind the inlaws house, this weekend I decided to go across the road over to the brother in laws property. The land behind the inlaws is thick and brushy, and the squirrels I spotted last weekend were running all over the place, never stopping and never offering a shot I could possibly make with a rifle, so I decided to take the shotgun yesterday. Then, I walked over to the bro in laws, where the land is a big open descending gulley, with little brush, hedges and vines and taller trees spread further apart. Wrong gun again, this time the squirrels would be sitting still at 45 yards to further than I could see down across the gulley. I would have been much better off this time with rifle and binoculars. Nearly four decades hunting squirrels and still messing up! shocked Oh well, smarter next trip. It was getting very dark by the time I got back over to the wife's parents house, and there I learned another lesson, finally: game shears are the only way to go when skinning and gutting these little tree rodents. I love knives and have quite a few and have tried dozens of different styles and shapes over the years, still finding nothing that works nearly as well as the plain old pair of game shears. MUCH faster, easier and little chance of cutting yourself trying to dress out and cut up critters in poor light.
[Linked Image]