Originally Posted by maddog
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
We've got about 4 weeks left in Illinois. I hope to make it out a few more times and put some more meat away till next August!

dave

I wish Indiana would do like Illinois, and run our season until Feb. 28. If they did that, they could skip a month long spring season that's being hashed about.

maddog
They should just do both!

This squirrel season is closing on me with the same regret I had as last year. Great intentions of getting out more, but drew too many tags and in filling those burnt up a lot of kitchen passes. I did get my oldest out a few times, but trying to get a 7yo to get a bead on a squirrel... Last day of deer season we had a red squirrel in a tree about 35 yards out. Like he'd done for the previous two days, "Dad, can I shoot it!". He got a different answer this time. laugh A 357 Mag rifle shooting 158gr XTPs will kill a squirrel if you put it through the base of the ears like he did! He was proud as punch of the shot and the fact he's no killed a squirrel species I haven't. I'll try to get pics of this weekend.