Well, some here may remember me bragging on Bushnell Customer Service a couple of years ago when I bought a pair of Fusion 1600's, they quit working soon after, and Bushnell sent me a new pair with only a few days turnaround. I was pleased and enjoyed the good optics and lazer reading of this pair of binocs until very recently. Last Winter, like the first pair did, the lazer rangefining mechanicals just quit working. Would not show up no matter how many new batteries I tried, pushed the button for on, or how I held my mouth just right. They were, in a word, DUN.

Was pretty busy with health issues and staying alive for a few months there but finally got around to returning them in May. In JULY.... two months after.... I got a letter asking for a payment of $150.00 to repair thse no longer in warranty binoculars. I was not happy, at all. I waited a little bit to cool down and proccess this plus I did not have $150 for quite a while. Sold my Model 19 Smith, had a few dollars in my pocket and called them yesterday.

The first rep I got ahold of was very understanding of my dilemna and frustration. He took a few notes, went to talk to his manager and he/they offered to sell me a brand new set of the Bushnell Fusion 1 Mile LRF Binocs (which they swear do not have this recurring problem, they have discontinued the Fusion 1600's) for only the difference in price between the original cost of a Fusion 1600 and a Fusion 1 mile when they were both being sold. This amount was $380 for a new upgrade pair VS $150 for a set that I knew ha engineering issues, and I had $420 left from my handgun sale so I jumped on the offer!

Customer service there was not as lightning fast, but in the end I think they redeemed themselves reasonably well. Hopefully, I am about to recieve a pair of LRF Binocs that are reliable, rugged and dependable.

Now for my query, anyone here been using the Fusion 1 Mile Binoculars since they came out? Are they working well and turning on when they should every time? Good optics, etc?

Thank you in advance for your reply. If the Fusion 1 miles have the same tendency to fail, I should sell them without opening the box, sell some other gun(s) and try again to find a pair of used Geovids like I had when I was going to Africa and Alaska all of the time. Those things simply work. Pay once, cry once, then enjoy if you know what I mean.

Last edited by safariman; 09/06/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500