Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by safariman
Jordan Smith,

Thank you for (finally) a report and impressions from someone who has actually USED a set for a while.

My set that quit on me also were used pretty well as in hunted with and bounced around a bit before the display went bonkers.

If this set of the newer 1 Mile Fusions does not sell right off, I will put them to use, utilize the 2 year warranty on them if needed, and be saving up for the Leica Geovids again. Whie my 1600'a worked, they were a fine piece of hunting equipment and enabled me to make a long shot on my biggest Mule Deer ever, an hhonest to gosh 30 incher as well as the longest shot on a deer I have ever made, 618 yards on a pretty good 4x4 Mule deer buck.

They certainly were not a schidt sandwich. If these also give me 2-3 years of service, that might be all I need from them. If I don't get a kidney transplant by then, I will not feel like hunting and might not even be around. If I do get a kidney transplant soon, I will be able to again work and earn money and afford the Leica Geovids like the ones I had before.

Now, how many people saw THAT eventual result coming? No matter the advice against doing something, so long as one person says "yeah, I ate that schit sandwich and it was just fine", safariman was going to stick with taking another bite. The justification that "well, I'm sick and broke" should have been seen, too.

safariman, why do you even ask for advice when you aren't going to do anything any differently than you wanted to do in the first place regardless of what is said by anyone else or even multitudes of others with experience? JJHACK seems to know a bit about these things. FOsteology and huntsonora as well, among others. Yet, one person says "yeah, they worked for me" is enough for you to discount all the other advice and have you stick with whatever it is you've already committed to in the first place. If you read Mr. Smith's response, you'll also see that he doesn't have any experience with the 1 Mile version that you have, either. He has a different set (one of the versions that broke on you and Bushnell dropped the ball on repairing, in fact). That's rather amazing in several ways.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by safariman

I still have not heard form anyone except JJHack who has actually used one of these 1 mile Busnell's yet. Anyone here actually have some hands on experience with one for more than a couple of weeks?

How many people do you need to hear it from before you will understand that these Bushnell fusions suck. Seriously, cut your losses because if you open the box they will be depreciated to the point of being worthless

Sell them and then go buy a quality pair of binoculars. The new Meopta HD's are fantastic and they won't depreciate like the Bushnell's will

Tough to watch guys ask for advice on a subject and then completely ignore it and make a brain dead decision

It appears that unless the advice is exactly what safariman wants to hear, he will disregard it and keep asking the question until someone tells him what he wants to hear in the first place to justify whatever action he has already determined to be the one he wants to take.

So how much experience do you have with the Fusion?