Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by 4ager
The rangefinder was no great shakes either.

Tells me exactly how much experience you have with either the 1600's or the 1 Miles, as the rangefinder in both trumps anything Leica, Zeiss, or Swarovski has to offer.

Bullschit. The Bushnells range a long way out, and give accurate measurements, but they are not nearly as fast to range or as forgiving as the Swaros.

Also, the glass on the 1 miles had better be a huge step up from the 1600s, as the 1600 glass is incredibly ordinary. As in, I would put them in the same quality range as blister pack Tascos.

A pretty darned good rangefinder wrapped in a real ordinary optics package.

If a guy is seriously looking for a goot set of binos and an LRF without spending high end money, a Bushnell ARC handheld rangefinder and a set of Cabelas Euro HDs, or something along those lines is how I would go.

Bingo!

I used separate binos and RF for years before going to the Fusion. I'd never go back to 2 separate units. And the first set of bins I ever used were Swaro SLC's. Maybe I got an exceptional pair of Fusion 1600's, but I have absolutely no complaints, other than the slightly green tint makes the glass a bit dimmer than comparable glass, though the resolution makes up for it.