I'm thinking I wish a taser looked and felt nothing like a handgun in the hand. I'm thinking that once you get used to pulling out a handgun-shaped object from a holster, pointing it at someone, and pulling the trigger without them dying it becomes so much easier for that to happen with a handgun when you're rushed, wound up, and not thinking right.

Were ya ever rushed driving into work, and then made some poor driving decision to save like at most a few seconds and then immediately felt stupid for doing whatever you did after the fact?

Closest I personally came to killing someone that I know of was in Africa, when I was driving a Landrover down a horribly-paved road for the vaccination team. Trying to get around a truck at speed I came like an inch or two from taking out a woman who was walking down the side of the road carrying a heavily-loaded pot on her head.

Clearly that Cop weren't thinking right when he pulled that gun and started pulling a trigger to solve a problem. Then RUNNING over to grab the taser in that "OH F&&K!" moment when he realizes the guy is really shot. A moment's panic that will cost him the rest of his life.

But, he's guilty, same as I would have been if I had killed that lady.

I'll bet he really wishes he would have missed right now.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744