Originally Posted by antlers
If he's too damn stupid to tell the difference between his pistol and his TAZER, even in the heat of the moment, then he shouldn't be carrying either of em'...!

Looks like he knew damn well what he was doing. He murdered the guy.

I put a bullet through a wall once, when "dry firing" a revolver, see I had gotten my subconscious used to pulling a trigger without consequences. Likewise I've locked myself out of places more'n once because, without thinking about it, some object in my hand or pocket subconsciously felt like my bundle of keys.

According to the guy who recorded the video, both the Cop and perp/victim had been down struggling on the ground just moments before. Both of these individuals were likely stressed, neither thinking right..

Even if the Cop is a stone-cold psychopath, he'd have to be pretty fuggin stupid to take the risk of shooting someone at that place and time.

Best case scenario here.... the Cop had tasered other people before, maybe already had tasered this guy before they went down, next step he pulls out the next object, points it at the guy, and without thinking it through starts pulling a trigger to solve a problem.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744