When he goes back for the taser the second officer was not on the scene.
He turns after cuffing and jogs back, picks up the taser and heads back to the shot man.
When he sees the second officer he, nonchalantly drops the taser near the body.
I can't say why, I can only say that in my 8 years in LE I can absolutely tell you that this action, in and of itself, is grounds for termination and criminal charges. It is tampering with evidence.
After a few seconds the 2nd officer says something to him.
They both look towards the taser and then he picks up the taser and reholsters it in its holster on the LEFT side.
No wires are attached, the yellow black stripped cartridge is not on the unit or it couldn't be reholstered.
The physical facts will follow like this.
At such and such time and date officer 1 attempted to effect an arrest on suspect. A physical altercation ensued and the officer used his taser to gain compliance. The suspect was temporarily incapacitated. Upon gaining physical control the office dropped the taser to the ground to handcuff the suspect and quick point the suspect rose to his feet and exited stage left.
Officer then drewchis sidearm and without uttering verbal commands fired shots, striking and dropping the suspect.
The officer then went to the suspect, handcuffed him and returned to the initial site of the confrontation, retrieve bed the taser and brought to to the suspect where he dropped it beside the suspects body.
A second officer arrived, knowing a shooting had ocoured (blue gloves) and requested a kit (trauma kit). While bent over the suspect visually examining him he says something to officer 1 who picks up the taser a d reholsters it.
Upon arrival on the scene, officer 3, supervisorremoves the taser from the holster and retains it.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024