Originally Posted by whitebread
Here is an old one of mine. Not the prettiest, but she is functional and shoots great. It is primarily used for yotes and as a 1000 yard steel gun when my GAP is out of service. The twist rate was a mistake but I have a Bartlein blank in 1/8" twist sitting here for when she finally dies on me.

Remington 700 - blueprinted by Shilen Barrels
Shilen barrel - SS, .260 Remington, 1/9" twist, 5-1/2 contour, 21" length
AICS AT chassis
Badger Ordnance Bolt Knob
Timney 510 - set at 2#
Badger Ordnance 20 MOA rail
Badger Ordnance rings
US Optics MR-10 with GAP reticle
Atlas bipod on Big Dog Steel spigot

[Linked Image]

I had this rifle rebarreled and partially re-blueprinted by Long Rifles, Inc. The bolt was changed to a PTG one-piece and the associated faces trued with the action, the bolt was fluted and had an LRI knob installed, the scope taps were opened to #8's and trued (this was way out before), a surface ground LRI recoil lug was pinned to the action, a 1/8 twist 28" Benchmark Heavy Palma contour fluted 5R barrel was threaded/chambered and I also had them thread/chamber a 1/8 twist 26" Bartlein M24 contour 5R barrel for future use. Both used the same 260 Remington reamer with a 0.2980" neck and 0.088" freebore. I also swapped the scope for a Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-12x50 with P3 mil-dot and the trigger for a Timney Calvin Elite at 2#. Mil-spec OD Cerakote on all the metal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by whitebread; 06/17/15.