CAS,

First, I like to compliment you on your spectacular collection of rifles - they are all great looking and well thought out.

I have a Reminton Ti, I'd like to customize.

Like probably every rifle extemist who buys a Ti - I'd like to make mine even lighter. I hope you can tell me a few things and help me with some decisions I have to make.

I find the 284 family of wildcats interesting - with my rifle presently being a 7mm-08 would the feed rails need changing? With the 25-284 is the magazine long enough for optimum loading?

Your alloy shroud, pin and spring you changed - was it for lock time - or did it actually lighten your rifle? How does the Brown stock you have compare to a McMillan "Edge" in weight? Is the Shilen trigger lighter? How much weight difference is there between a 1.5 contour barrel and a 1 ?

What is the "closed cell" recoil pad? How much weight does it save? Where can a person get one?

I know I've asked a lot of questions, but if you could, I'd sure like to learn more about what you did, and what I could do with my own rifle to make it unique.

Last edited by BCBrian; 02/09/08.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."