UPGRADED SHEEP RIFLE - 280 Ackley

I've made some changes to my sheep rifle and thought I'd post it.

Rem 700 ADL L/A, stainless
Slabbed action, turned down shroud, bolt handle trimmed to Ti bolt style. Vertical milling on mag box. Safety modified to lock bolt down. Williams steel guard. Shilen trigger set at a dead crisp 2 1/4 pounds.

Ted Gaillard stainless 1-9 twist 24" barrel, M700 mountain rifle contour. Blueprinted & barrel work done by Ted Gaillard. Floorboard crown.

McMillan Hunters EDGE olive stock. Black and white webbing added. FL neutral bedded. 13 3/4" LOP and 1" decelerator pad.

Talley Lightweight rings modified to 8-40, glass bedded to receiver and lapped.

Leupold M8-6X42 matte scope with Premier Reticles #4 reticle. If Leupold ever gets their hunter turrets on the market, I'll have an elevation turret installed.

6 pounds 9 oz all up with Butler Creeks. It balances on the front guard screw. Through 20+ 3-shot groups at 100 yards, it has averaged 0.58" with 140 accubonds. With 150 TSX's at 3060 fps it shoots a bit better than that.

It's my ultimate backpack rifle, I can't think of a single thing that I'd change.

Rick

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.