Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by antlers
Kara Spears Hultgreen (5 October 1965 – 25 October 1994), was a Lieutenant and Naval Aviator in the United States Navy and the first female carrier-based fighter pilot in the U.S. Navy. She died just months after she was certified for combat, when she crashed her F-14 Tomcat into the sea on final approach to USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72)

I heard a radio interview when this happened and had she been a male aviator, she would have washed out of the air corp 7 times previous to the accident. Her life was lost, not to mention the aircraft and the carrier that was put in jeopardy, all for the sake of equalizing sexes.

I'm unqualified to talk about Ranger tabs but I'm very qualified to talk about Hulk and knew her when she was in her prior squadron and I flew in some the same exercises. All the reports about her being rushed through the RAG and the "standards" being altered in pursuit of the USN having the first woman fighter pilot are true.

She damn near killed me and my crew in W-291 day coming off the tanker the wrong way.

Just because Generals (and Admirals) say that everything was above board doesn't mean it's so. They are political beasts by their nature and read their words carefully.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated