it is quite interesting to see the different viewpoints as i was having this discussion last week with a retired senior grade officer been all over the world in various capacities that i won't disclose, a lot of time in the middle east. Another one in the discussion was a retired captain in the navy, and a subguy. The senior grade officer commented on the female officer that was with him all over the middle east. All said the sex part wasn't as important as the ability to do the job. That also extended over to the gay thing, in that in the sub role people knew part of the crew was gay, but if they were doing the job, they were doing the job.
I would'nt expect many women, but some, could complete these courses, but if they can, they can.
I will always remember years ago running into this good looking blonde teaching a emt course through a local fire department. She was a firefighter too. She was pretty impressive and i am pretty sure would have made short work of most people reading these words, if pressed to a physical competition or otherwise. There aren't a lot of men that can pass these physical tests, probably by far a lot fewer woman. But as all three guys said, if they can, who cares?
They have been in some cases already in combat. Such as the shorter than five foot female m.p. we were sending cookies too in iraq a few years ago, that was a m.p. in falluagh(sorry for the spelling). She was already taking a role you wouldn't expect for the average female.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 08/24/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO