Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by Pugs
I expected more critical and strategic thinking from a senior officer or at least it was expected of me when I was one.

My replies here might seem quick and trivial, but I have had for some time, women up and down my chain of command.

My observation is and will be, after 40 years of critical analysis, that women bring more to the fight than they take away from the fight.

Simply stated, but critically analyzed, they are worth the extra effort.

I'm all about critical analysis, based solely on observed facts.

I'm glad you have found it so in the roles you have had. I have indeed found them of value in some of my roles too but that does not mean it is a good idea for the whole military.

The military rightly falls under civilian control and will march forward as ordered. Sometimes that direction makes sense for the military and sometimes it's because the politicians have an agenda. Flag officers of all branches have, with rare exception, largely become politicians. It is virtually impossible for them to advance to that grade without compromise of their own beliefs.

Again, there are exceptions but very few. Sitting as a recorder and member on promotion and non-statutary boards gave me insights into the sausage making that made it clear that agendas will be served and they are not always to the betterment of the service.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated