Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
My unit spent 6 MONTHS in the field. Jorge,Kamo Gari Webster Parish and Woody and 4ager can attest to how much combat we were in,they read the reports. Stress levels are off any known scales and tensions between us were high as it was. Water was for drinking. Showers were monsoon rain or a waterfall,otw hygiene was very difficult. 100 lb+ rucksacks were our "house on yer back". WOMEN would NOT been welcome and a SEVERE detriment to unit morale and cohesiveness.

There's only one way this is going to play out.

They'll be put in the field. They will not do well.

No idea, how do the Israeli women do?

The Israelis used them in direct combat during the 1948 war because they had no choice. Those units with women suffered casualty rates in excess of 60% higher than all male units, for the simple reason men spent an inordinate amount of time trying to rescue wounded females and ostensibly "protecting " them in firefights. The Soviets had the same issue and BOTH stopped the practice and in fact I was present at the conference where they advise us against it.

Pregnancy rates in the US Navy for females E-4s and below during their first enlistment is as high as 64% and six months prior to a deployment it would spike as high as 80. And of course not enough time to replace them so men had to take up the slack. When I was on the JFK, in the two years I was there, we had 423 pregnancies, including officers. I can tell you without reservation, Naval Aviation cut back physical performance requirements as well as academic and flight standards in order for them to make it. Do some research on the Kara Hultgren incident and that is but one. GUARANTEED, books were cooked for these two...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”