Originally Posted by David_Walter
I
The way forward includes women in combat. You'd do better to fight the rising tide than to think you're going to change this reality.

Until we get into a real war. They would have been a BIG help at Bastogne, Iwo Jima, or Khe Sahn.... At least the "rising tide" means we have to accept it even at the expense of combat readiness, sacrificed on the altar of political correctness. Had they been any good civilization would have incorporated them ten thousand years ago.

As to fighting it, I KNOW the facts, I was in the middle of the issue when it first came to light thanks to Clinton, most experts as well as historical data told us not to do it, and we did it anyway with predicted results; Lower standards to include discipline and social experimentation with men carrying the water. A stroke of a pen doesn't make them warriors. Besides, I'm retired, and given what is going on today, I'm 61 and IDGAF...

Last edited by jorgeI; 08/24/15.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”