woodson;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully the week treated you well and this finds you where you'd hoped to be on a cool October morning.

Thanks for the thread and thanks to those who've joined in to make it an interesting read/view.

While I've carried and experimented with a good number of different shapes and steels over the years, over the last few seasons this Vantage Pro that I rescaled with blaze orange micarta rides in my back pocket.
[Linked Image]

Three years ago I bought this 52100 blade from an online ebay shop, stuck some maple scales on it and cobbled together a sheath. It rides on my belt beside a Leatherman Wave and my cell.
[Linked Image]

I'm really liking the shape and size of it, though I'm not certain they quite got the heat treat right as it's a tad on the softer side for really good edge retention.

I may just have to grind one from some old D2 sawmill planer blades I've got and see how that works out. I did these from that supply and they hold an edge well - but they ride in the pack on long walks so that's a different thread. wink

[Linked Image]

Thanks again to all the folks who've shown their knife choices - good luck in all your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"