I think I responded to this some time ago but since I "got into" two deer this morning, maybe an update is in order.

For a long time my favorite folding knives were the Gerber LSTs. The last 3 I got (all at once, not separate mistakes) have been much more difficult to sharpen and haven't held an edge well..

My first rubber handled Buck Vanguard saw some action today. It continues to impress. It generally rides in one of the vertical pockets on my Badlands 2200; my wyoming saw (III) and a 3-AA maglight ride in the other side.

The newest knife I've been using probably wasnt' meant as a hunting knife. It's a Cold Steel SRK in stainless. It sharpens surprisingly well, does survival-y things (or at least trims branches etc for setting up trail cams) well, and today it did a great job on skinning 1-1/2 deer 'til I swiped the edge across my truck bed. frown

I need to find a newer / better 2-1/2 to 3 inch folding knife to do the things the first two Gerber LSTs I had did so well long ago. Something in that 2 ounce range.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...