Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by 16bore
[Linked Image]

This, hands down the best thing to ever come along.

Especially when I've taken two complete moose apart only with one of these. And a couple of blades.

I guess I could get a fancy one to carry on the belt though, just to look good.

Survival knife situation is different though.

Why? What does a wimpy assed little Chinese thro-away blade have on a real knife? Nothing, IMO. I'm certain I would break it. If you can't sharpen a knife, or use it for small fur-bearers, I could see it being an asset. But for big game? Why? Plus it has NO SOUL....

SOUL has zero to do with using a knife. But if you want to thats cool.

I"m just utilitarian and use what works best for me.

I"ve seen all kinds of blades snapped over years of guiding, by idiots. YOu can even snap these blades if you don't pay attention. I did 2 weeks ago in a hurry. Hadn't done that in a long time.

BUT if my little wimpy assed Havalon can take a moose all the way down to skinned, gutted, quartered, deboned, caped, etc with no help... its more than enough for me. Cheap enough.

And while you are sharpening I"m further down the road.

I will admit I had a Randal that I was given to use and I made a few swipes on the last moose on the skin part of it, until it was dull. And put it away. I"d used it. Its a nice knife from a friend. I was not impressed and went back to what works best for me.

It may have to do that I was a taxidermist for years though too... I know how to use blades, and how not to use blades probably at least as well as the average person...and I find that cumulative time sharpening can be used for other more enjoyable tasks.

But like I said, I never fault anyone for their choice, but all means if it works. I'm just happy someone was smart enough to make a folder that fit the long autopsy blades... so I could quit carrying long fixed blade scalpel handles.

And I don't know a guiding buddy of mine that hasn't quit using other knives once they used this type.... Have 5 or 6 that use them exclusively on coastal brown bears... that says enough for me. Especailly when guides recieve all the top knives as tips/gifts.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....