260remguy

After living almost 74 years and having been around the world with good ole Uncle Sugar working and serving with various foreign nationals, and working with all kinds of people in the medical field as a civilian, I learned that people who are or have been close to the earth are easy to get along with because they have common sense. You have to have it when you live and work close to the land or you don't last very long. Mother nature and the real world have no patience with fools and they will kill you quick if you screw up.

Many hunters have an affinity for the land and a healthy respect for mother nature. In my dealings with hunters over the years, there have been very few that I couldn't get along with easily and the ones that were problems, were fine as long as they were sober. They only turned into knuckle heads after having too many and then got stupid.

Those of us who hunt have shared common experiences so we have a common frame of reference to talk about and to relate to. That makes it a lot easier for us to get past all the BS and get right to what is important. That also helps to, as my grand mother used to say about manners, "they are the grease that helps civilized folks get along together."

Last edited by Ragnar73; 02/22/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.