Originally Posted by Valsdad
To revive an old thread, I may be about to take the plunge on a 24V.

Saw an ad in the little paper that comes out Thursday and called today to see if was still available. Gentleman says yes, a few callers but nobody really seemed terribly interested. A few didn't even really know what he was selling.

His is in 222/20. I wish I has such a critter a few months back while rabbit hunting as I took a break to sit on a stump and Mr Wiley showed up. Just traipsing down a slight rise straight toward me. All I had was my 870 express in 20g with #6 small game loads. I made the mistake of trying to quietly get my phone out to take a pic if he happened to come close enough for one of those without getting in range of the #6's. He heard me at what I later paced off to 69 paces, stopped and looked at me for a bit, didn't like what he saw and took off at a lope. Worse part might have been that he was in prime winter coat and was a big dog too. I have a feeling the .222 would have dropped him at 69 yards.

So folks, is $475 a decent price for a 24V with a 4xLeupold on it? He says it's in good shape, not excellent, just "good". First I'm available to go look at it is on Tues. DO I call him back with a firm yes? He's even willing to drive an hour or so to split the distance.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread too.

Geno

That sounds like a very good deal to me. I paid more than that for mine and it has no scope.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.