Bob,

I took leave of the "Campfire" a couple of years ago. Only reason I came back was because I heard about the passing of a friend of mine. But after reading this entire thread, I may have to come back more often. smile

I quite agree with your sentiment on the ways of the present that we now live in. I grew up on a farm and then moved to Tn when I was a teenager for a few years.

It would be too long a story to put into words why I didn't start hunting 'til the age of 17. And the 1st 2 or 3 years I depended on borrowed guns. But eventually I managed to amass a goodly collection of guns... Including I think 5 Savage M-24s. I originally had 3 24-V's in .30-30/20 ga. I sold one and then gave another away. Still have the one that was D&T'd and has a peep sight. Traded the .223/20 to the guy I sold the 1st .30-30. Now I only have the one .30-30/20 and a .222/20. If I could use a rifle to hunt Turkeys, I'd take that sport up. But here in MI, we can only use shotguns. frown

Now that I'm retired, I'm thinking of moving back to Tennessee. So, my hunting may change.

All in all, I must say that I truly enjoyed this thread... GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"