Thank you, Sir. My cousin had a .22/20ga when I was a kid in the 70's that I got to shoot some and I thought it was the coolest long gun I'd ever seen. I purchased my first 24 in .22/410 in the mid 90's and fell in love with them all over again. (It is the one on the far left in the photo above - still one of my favorites to take squirrel hunting.) The first time I handled a 24F I thought it was ugly, heavy, and expensive. I was buying nice, older rimfire model 24's at auction for $300-350 when the new 24F was $525 at Wal-mart. I saw the writing on the wall and was chasing after the older ones before Savage discontinued the the 24F in 2007. They are a fun gun to collect because of all the different calibers and configurations. For example - the one on the far right in the photo is a 24S-A made in 1965 (same as me!). It has a side lever release, a hammer mounted barrel selector, and a case colored receiver that looks very much like a New England Firearms or Harrington and Richardson single shot rifle receiver. This receiver variation was only shown in the 65, 66, & 67 catalogs. Unfortunately my example has had the butt stock cut down for a kid (they did a very nice job), so I'm still looking for an original length butt stock.

Last edited by savage24; 03/20/16.

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel