Originally Posted by BobWills

It's strange how some things work out in life, but I have lived long enough and seen enough to not question fate. Some things are just meant to be and others are not. If you are going to be happy, you learn to accept that.

My grandma used to say: "If you can't have what you want, you'd best learn to want what you have."

Indeed, it is funny how life works out sometimes. I went to a wedding yesterday in a historic, touristy little town. There has been a professional theatre there in the summers for over 50 years. I took a girl there to see a few plays back in high school. I was crazy about that girl...but it was not meant to be. We lost track of each other after high school - she attended junior college in another town where she met her future husband and I moved out of state for a few years. I never married. I thought of her often, but I knew she was married and that was that. About fifteen years ago I was in my hometown and ran into her folks at a restaurant and we had a nice visit. A few weeks later I opened my mail box and found a letter - let me just say that when I looked at the name in the return address on that envelope - well, I know what being a lottery winner feels like! She wrote that her mother had mentioned seeing me and told her I was living in KC..., Now, don't get the wrong idea here; she is still married to that same great guy and they had five children together.

Oh, that wedding I went to yesterday? The groom is one of those five kids. I've known him since he was five years old and my lady and I were invited to sit at the family table. Funny how things work out sometimes.

Back to the Savage 24's
I've got a 24B-DL .22LR/20ga that was made in 1962. It has the large button type barrel selector on the left side of the receiver, which is a bit unusual as most of the button type selectors were on the right side of the receiver. Mine has a little wear and tear, but it's still pretty nice. I bid on one at an estate auction back in October that was absolutely pristine. I got a little carried away and bid more than I should have...and it sold for $575....to someone else!

I've also got a 24H-DL .22mag/20ga made in 1964 with hammer mounted barrel selector that is darn near perfect

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel