I've had a couple in my pursuit of looniness!

Don't quite know why I have been attracted to them as they are a little crude compared to other things I like. It probably goes back to the old saying "Less is more!" which seems to have more meaning as I get a few more gray hairs (and hopefully wisdom too)!!! IMHO, 24's "reek" of simplicity and functionality, the "fun factor" that, for example, endeared me so much to my Benjamin pump pellet gun and made it such an efficient, lethal weapon in the hands of a 1960's wanna be boy hunter!

I first had a blued 24 DL 22mag/20ga with the attached barrels. I enjoyed it but later sold it to a buddy when I had the chance to buy an early version of the 24C "Camper" in 22LR/20ga. I have to admit, the takedown Camper model is my favorite thus far! It's pretty darn accurate too!

Interestingly enough, I bought both at our local Cabelas for what I thought were pretty good prices. The 24DL was advertised as having a bad firing pin (the firing pin screw had just backed out too far!) so I got that one for $125 IIRC. I later bought the Camper for $175 (I don't think the knew what they had)... go figure! I keep watching for a nice 222R or 22H/20ga 24V to show up for around $200 but it hasn't happened yet!!!

Never give up hope... fun stuff!!!