To revive an old thread, I may be about to take the plunge on a 24V.

Saw an ad in the little paper that comes out Thursday and called today to see if was still available. Gentleman says yes, a few callers but nobody really seemed terribly interested. A few didn't even really know what he was selling.

His is in 222/20. I wish I has such a critter a few months back while rabbit hunting as I took a break to sit on a stump and Mr Wiley showed up. Just traipsing down a slight rise straight toward me. All I had was my 870 express in 20g with #6 small game loads. I made the mistake of trying to quietly get my phone out to take a pic if he happened to come close enough for one of those without getting in range of the #6's. He heard me at what I later paced off to 69 paces, stopped and looked at me for a bit, didn't like what he saw and took off at a lope. Worse part might have been that he was in prime winter coat and was a big dog too. I have a feeling the .222 would have dropped him at 69 yards.

So folks, is $475 a decent price for a 24V with a 4xLeupold on it? He says it's in good shape, not excellent, just "good". First I'm available to go look at it is on Tues. DO I call him back with a firm yes? He's even willing to drive an hour or so to split the distance.

Thanks for all the great info on this thread too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?