Originally Posted by cra1948
Full disclosure: I have never hunted hogs and have no experience in doing so. Given the nature of this thread, however, I am copying and pasting this exerpt from a PM I got several years ago here from a fellow I was discussing .224 deer bullets with back and forth. The bullet in question is the 65 grain SGK:

and on the last day I shoot a decent boar about 150 lbs with the 223. He was about 90 yards broadside. I was going to shoot him behind the ear. I thought no, that is no test of a bullet. So I held it dead on his shoulder and broke the shot. I expected him to run off really mad. When I pulled the trigger he hit the ground kicked 2 times and was DRT. I kept the cross hairs on him for about 5 minutes expecting him to get up. When I rolled him over on his back to field dress him, I saw an exit wound right behind the off side shoulder. I was shocked. The exit was about 33 caliber in diameter. I was impressed for a 65 gr. bullet out of a 223. I know one shot proves nothing, but I am convinced it will work on whitetail. They are not nearly as heavy built as a hog. A hog has thick heavy skin, gristle plate and bones. That little bullet plowed through all of it. I have to wonder if the 65 gr. Sierra might be a fur friendly bullet. Seems pretty tough, I am sure it wouldn't blow up.

================================================================================

I can say I would have a good bit of confidence in the 65gr. gameking having shot a big armadilla at around 150 yards with a 12tw 22-250 .
It praire dogged the diller -pieces flew , no doubt it would wreck a hog with good shot placement .

Last edited by ol_mike; 03/07/17.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.