DF,

We do have a hoot!

I've been hunting with a core group of guys that are related by blood, marriage or chasin' tail, since 1999. This was the occasion where all the male members of three of my lease buddy's were at our deer camp for a "reunion" of sorts. One of the guys was an Army Ranger and Captain of an Artillary unit in Iraq. He still luvs blowing schitt up. So we had gallons of Tannerite. Skeet shooting, shooting 1 cup bottles of tannerite at 400 yds, bar-b-que and adult beverages and men/boy behaving badly! They brought the section of 16' inch pipe with a 3" square hole burned out of the base and made a plywood wad to cover the 2 lb. coffee can full of tannerite. The shot was at 200 yds off a sandbag on the bed-rail of a truck. What you don't see is that about a minute after sending the hoglet into near earth orbit, the guy who was an Army Ranger Captain is holstering his Springfield XD in 45 acp and leaves his finger on the trigger while he is holstering it. He shoots himself. Luckily its a hardball round and goes in about 3" above the nee cap and travels straight downward and exits just above the ankle. He starts hopping around yelling "I'm shot, I'm shot". We're giving him jazz till the blood starts squirting. So we grab him, apply a tourniquet, call 911 and drive him the 7 miles to the road to meet the ambulance. While moving my ATV out of the way, my camera gets run over and the lens crushed. The sandisk survived. Talk about a guy that was embarrassed. He did two tours in Iraq and comes back to Texas and shoot his own self. We'd never had a firearms related accident before.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/26/17.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.