Originally Posted by Hastings
A terrible thing has happened. After all the bragging I've done about Scenar 155 grain bullets out of my .30-06 on hogs I shot a big one yesterday evening very late at 187 yards. Due to badly failing light I just centered the lighted dot on the pig and squeezed the trigger. He apparently walked off bleeding. I followed the trail about 80 yards and decided to wait and check it out this morning. Probably no exit hole and a less than perfect hit. I'm on blood thinners and have heart trouble. Not a good idea to get into a hand to tusk tussle with a Russian boar in the dark. My camera got a picture of him about 2 minutes before the shot, he was really big maybe 300-350.

If it matters, I"ve not found anything to stop a 185 berger yet. I"m sure its possible, thats why I"ll be moving up to 210/215 at some point.

No loss on a pig that big eating wise... maybe some good cutters or wanted for a mount or such, but other than that, unless cut, thats gonna be coyote food for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....