Never had one not make both lungs, cci mini mag Hps where all I'd use though as I"ve trusted those since I was a kid. Not saying others wouldn't work.

Distance traveled usually 50-75 yards. For some reason a lung shot animal tends to go down quicker than a heart shot IMHO. They may not be dead when they go down but they "bed up" quicker.

Due to my archery background, I never trail quickly ever. Even rifle shots. We'd usually shoot a pig with a deer rifle, and then I'd plink one, we would walk back to camp, get some gear, and a vehicle and then drive up about 100 yards off, and then go look for mine until we found it.

Blood was sparse but as I said I"m a bowhunter for so many years no biggy. Never had a dog in those days. Have one now and I never knew what I was missing.... though I don't ever recall loosing a pig from the MK2 pistol.

Even these days with a rifle, I shot the largest deer I"ll likely ever kill, almost 160 inches gross in the hill country 2 years ago. One shot. Never saw where he went. Buddy kept texting did you find him? Nope, this was barely daylight opening day, first deer I think I ever shot on opening day save a couple of trash bucks. I said we can look when we are done hunting in a couple hours. Theory there... if he is dead, he ain't leaving. If he isn't, then time is a good thing, and if he isn't going to die or I missed, then tramping around 5 or 30 minutes after the shot does no good at all. Sorry to get OT there... But I"ve seen double lung shot deer alive 3 hours after they were shot, simply because both bedded up right away and clotted. But when they got up as we looked for them, and walked off, neither made more than 50 more steps before unclotting and bleeding the rest of the way out. Both were archery hits.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....