[quote=Hiaring8]I am sure these questions have been asked numerous times and I believe I have the answers, but I am going to ask one more time as this is my first Canadian Adventure.

Going into Canada
Guns -
I will need to have the US 4457 Form Completed and stamped before leaving.
Canadian Declaration form to be filled out, but will be signed and completed at border entry and a $25 fee.

Permits -
Will have a wolf tag, so will need to have a cites permit issued before I leave?

Other than the CITES Permit and your hunting license and Customs Forms already mentioned I don't know.

Coming back into US.

Meat -
Will need Hunting Lisc and Tag to import meat. Will US allow the meat to be cut and wrapped in canada to import or will it have to be unprocessed? Any other forms?

Am I missing anything with getting into Canada and Back out?

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,
Where are you hunting? I live in Alberta so if you are coming here and have any questions, just ask, either here or by PM.

Being as I am Canadian, I don't know what forms you need to return south other than your Customs Forms, Hunting License and CITES Permit. WRT packaged/processed meat I would contact US Customs before leaving or when you stop to process your US 4457.

A couple things to keep in mind for crossing into Canada are:

1)Make sure no one in your group has a criminal record of any kind including DUI as Canada Customs won't allow them to come in. Would suck big time to find out at the border.

2)No handguns are allowed as the Canadian Government is afraid of folks owning/transporting them. Stupid but it is our reality here.

3)Don't bring any knives which are automatic, gravity or assisted opening. Again, stupid government paranoia. Standard hunting knives are good, fixed or folder such as Buck 110 for example.

4) If planning to carry bear spray I would just buy it here as they can be anal at the border about certain types.

5) Have a wicked good time while you are visiting. take lots of pictures to show friends/family that aren't along on the trip.
We are a friendly bunch up here.
Jeff