5sdad;
I'm sorry to read that you had less than an optimum moose hunt up here sir.

One of the reasons I encourage folks to talk to references who have and have not taken game with an outfitter is that sometimes the sort of situation that you faced might be found out before you put your money down.

Please don't misread anything in what I've said to indicate that I think you are at fault in any way as emphatically that's not my intent.

I do know that back in the day when we had an open 3/4 curl California Bighorn season many of the guided hunters were very taken aback at how many hunters there were - lots of locals that is - and how much resulting hunting pressure resulted.

Now I will say in defense of the outfitters and guides that many if not most of the guided hunters either got a ram or had opportunity to turn one down, but I got the distinct impression a couple of times that the hunters were expecting a much different experience than they'd received.

Now I'm certain that there may well be times when a Native band will head into a new hunting area in a big way, but typically they are creatures of habit and like to hunt the same places just like I do.

Anyway again I'm sorry to read about your experience with the lack of game seen. That makes for a long and less than palatable hunt for sure.

All the best to you and yours in the upcoming week sir.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/05/13. Reason: added info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"