All;
In another 3 days it will be 11 years since I started this thread and the first thing that strikes me of course is how fast that time has passed.

The other thing unfortunately is how many more restrictions are now in the way for anyone visiting Canada.

In the post from last summer I urged everyone coming in to direct questions to Canadian Border Services and that's still the best way to proceed.

Regarding firearms, the current government is in the process of rolling out the most restrictive firearms bans in Canadian history. This was dropped on our laps in late November 2022 so honestly we're all scrambling to attempt to figure it all out.

By way of explanation, there were initially 1500 firearms and "variants" on the list, then all handguns were added and then in November 2022 another 378 pages of additional firearms and "variants" were added. Part of it is a prohibition of firearms whose muzzle energy exceeds 10,000 joules which includes some .460 Weatherby loads for instance.

The list is staggeringly illogical and includes Ruger No. 1, Weatherby Mk V, Christianson Arms, Brazilian 1908 Mauser, Parker Shotguns among others. The way I read the list - and I could be wrong - is that any center fire semi automatic firearm which uses a removeable magazine is now prohibited. I pray I'm wrong about that of course.

It is written such that it could be interpreted that only the firearms which are chambered for cartridges which exceed the magic number of joules are prohibited or it could be the action itself. Nobody has given a clear consistent answer about that.

All that to say if you are planning a hunt up here please do your homework regarding the type of firearm you intend to bring up.

I'm not sure what else to say at this juncture on the subject other than obviously it pains me deeply to write this.

If you're so inclined we would appreciate your prayers as we attempt to navigate this situation.

Thanks all and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"